Wizzley Presto and the Vampires Tomb

A place to post interesting information to the community.
ruckage
Your Backpack is Empty

Wizzley Presto and the Vampires Tomb

Post by ruckage » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:44 pm

Hello, I'm just writing to let you know that our first game 'Wizzley Presto and the Vampires Tomb' is now available on the iTunes appstore. My main involvement in the project was as the graphic artist, it's been a lot of work but fun and I think we've created an enjoyable game. I'm sure the game will appeal to many users here as the main inspiration was the Dizzy series which we were great fans of during the 8 bit days.

Our game revolves around the adventures of an inept Wizard and his quest to save a magical land from an ancient evil. I've embedded a video below so you can see the game in action.

Anyone interested can buy the game at [url=itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wizzley-presto-vampires-tomb/id377667373?mt=8]itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wizzley-presto-vampires-tomb/id377667373?mt=8[/url]

Apologies for the blatant self promotion and I look forward to any comments, I hope you like it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrMzX5x_UAQ&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WrMzX5x_UAQ&hl ... fs=1?rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:15 pm

ruckage wrote:blatant self promotion
now why would we think that? hmmmm....

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

debug
Free Range Egg

Post by debug » Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:58 pm

Just bought it!

Looking forward to playing it soon!

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Deja-vu

Post by universospectrum » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:33 pm

hummm

A Dizzy-like game featuring a "young" Wizard...

What a weird Deja-vu feeling i'm having...

Now... where have i heard of such thing?!...

huuuummmmmmmmmmmmm

oh yeah... i remember now!!! It's from "Slightly Magic" an 1991 ZX Spectrum game from Codies

And it even had a sequel planed: Slightly Spooky.

LOLOL

Now... no one knows about all games that exist out there... LOL - I was just joking :p (but it did made me remember Slightly Magic!).

From the video, the game really looks very nice and has astonishing scenarios. Congratulations for (apparently, from the video) an very well made game. (And it has the bonus of being a Dizzy-like game)

Keep up the good work!
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

ruckage
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ruckage » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it. We're already in the process of working on the sequel so we're taking notice of all feedback.
universospectrum wrote:hummm
A Dizzy-like game featuring a "young" Wizard...
What a weird Deja-vu feeling i'm having...
Now... where have i heard of such thing?!...
huuuummmmmmmmmmmmm
oh yeah... i remember now!!! It's from "Slightly Magic" an 1991 ZX Spectrum game from Codies
Wow, I've honestly never heard of that game - was it just on the spectrum, or available for other 8bits? I'll have to see if I can find it and give it play. We actually spent some time deciding on who the character would be - initially we planned on a Knight but decided against it as we thought it was to similar to the Magic Knight games.

An update is being worked on for this at the moment to correct a few bugs and to add a tutorial as it seems quite a few people have no idea how to play this sort of game - something we didn't consider but not surprising I suppose if you didn't grow up in the 8bit era.

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by universospectrum » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Yep, Kids this days don't know what a good (8-bit) game is!

Beside worms-like games and Dizzy-like games, i don't play at all. LOL

as to:
Wow, I've honestly never heard of that game
I figure you didn't... and that's why i joked about it. LOL

The game is, apparently, available for the ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Amiga and Atari ST (http://www.lemon64.com/?game_id=2349)

Dizzy was a lot funnier than Slightly!
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

Big Stu
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Big Stu » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:54 pm

Don't know if anyone remembers, but this is the game i was singing the pre-release praises off here. Such a faithful nod to the Dizzy games guys, if you've got an iDevice, get it :)

darkfalzx
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by darkfalzx » Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:01 am

Forgive me for a necro-post, but since the game hasn't been available for purchase for many years, and none of its original authors have responded to my messages, I am posting this here:

I have re-coded this game from scratch to PC.

You can download it for free over here.

Download Beta 0.9h for Windows.
Download Beta 0.9h for Linux.

Also, in addition to the original English, I have added a full Russian localization, including some really bad voice work: )
Last edited by darkfalzx on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:23 am

Nice looking game, shame about no info about the control keys - I managed to find 'z' for jump up (a little bit), 'x' to show how many eggs, and close windows, 'c' to use, pickup and have conversations and 'm' or 'action' to bring up the options screen. So far, the written and spoken English is spot on.

Don't know if it's part of the game, but pressing 'p' seems to take you down one screen each time you press it -assume it's a 'whoops' as often the character is stuck in the scenery and can't move.

darkfalzx
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by darkfalzx » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Oh, you found all the keys that matter. In fact, you can redefine all the controls from the options menu.
The additional keys you might've found were debug stuff that should be taken out now that the game is mostly finished.

Z - jump
X - Hold down, then release to fire eggs
C - pick up item/interact/inventory. This key can be split into separate keys in the redefine menu.
Enter - pause
Escape - twice to quit game. You can also press Alt-F4 for insta-quit.
F12 - screenshot. All saves and screenshots are dumped in the %localappdata%/WizzleyPresto

BTW: I have re-uploaded a new build with the P debug button removed and a few things fixed.

Download Beta 0.9c.