Private Messages

A place to post interesting information to the community.
Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Private Messages

Post by Grandad » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Haven't been here for a few weeks as I've been totally wrapped up in the second part of Daisy Goes Solo, but when I logged on today I found a couple of private messages. Ooh, I thought, who's been writing to me ...only to find one was a bit of spam telling me to consider buying medicines on-line and the other was just some pretentious drivel about being nice to people.

Have I been picked on 'cos they think I'm old and susceptible with the name Grandad, or does this happen to other members too?

Grandad

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:49 pm

I wouldn't worry too much about it m8, as long as I'm always around deleting and blocking their crap.

Some people such as Meph have been getting spam via PM recently.
If anymore ends up in your inbox, just delete it and keep letting me know what username(s) is spamming you so I can block it from posting.

Everyone, I am sorry about the spam problems on the Forums lately, there's not really much I can do about it but keep deleting their posts and banning them.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:04 am

No worries AdzM and no need to apologise. Spam is now just a tedious part of everyday computer life ..although I can't say the same about spam fritters - yummy!

Grandad

OrdosAlpha
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by OrdosAlpha » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:29 am

I've just recieved a PM from LadyXAdmin with an important message from the administration. The message being to download some obvious spyware disguised as some AV software.

Also got a PM from ElodoEthedy about online pharmacies about 2 weeks ago.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:05 pm

They're both already blocked. :)

And the Spam problems are also being mentioned on this thread.

http://www.yolkfolk.com/bb/showthread.php?t=1305

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:58 am

got a private message from LadyrootFix (dated 3.03 am yesterday), but allegedly from the YolkFolk administrator about a virus detected on my PC. She is noted as being 'banned' under her name.

Grandad
NB - doubt very much if I have a virus as I use E-Set antivirus software.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:06 pm

The bot was already taken care of but thanks for letting us know. :)

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Wow - I use Eset Nod32 too - its good isnt it :)
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:52 am

I got E-Set Nod 32 when I first went on-line as it was recommended by the 'tech head' on PC ZONE called 'Wandy' as being the best - and since then have found that E-Set consistently gets the 'industry' best award every year ..and I get updates 3 times a day ..and have never had a virus.

Mind you, being on AOL, they recommend McVitie (or whatever it's called), so AOL always starts up by saying that no virus software detected ...but then again, Nod32 updates as soon as I turn the modem on before I've even logged in to AOL. :tup:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:33 pm

Grandad wrote:Mind you, being on AOL, they recommend McVitie (or whatever it's called), so AOL always starts up by saying that no virus software detected ...but then again, Nod32 updates as soon as I turn the modem on before I've even logged in to AOL. :tup:
I think It's McAfee Anti-virus you're thinking of there, Mcvitie makes stuff like Jaffa Cakes, Digestives, Penguins and Hob Nobs :p