Music

Need help with using DizzyAGE then look here
Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:23 am

This expansion of a file from computer Atari-ST, although like the file itself is written in a sort of editor, ZX-Spectrum.. Tomorrow to find out how to do it.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:49 pm

delta, a melody has sent in personal messages of a forum.

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Rindex wrote:But the YM-file has been written in any editor. In what?
Not necessarily. It could also have been generated by z80 asm code. The YM format stores data that was sent to the spectrum sound chip. How this data was produced was up to the game. Could've been a song with music notes, or just some random (more or less) beeps, or even some interactive music fragments.

In practice a few minutes are recorded (like 5 min) and then a software searches for sound loops in the data to determine the true length of the song (if any).

Jamie, DizzyAGE has a tool offering a few functions on YM files. It's called "Audio Works". Check it out in the tools. It wasn't tested too much, but I think I did cut some YM files with it.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Rindex » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:22 pm

xelanoimis, i already have made all till 4:33 (original 4:53). I can make in general that sound decrease was not. Simply I have found the original on a site the reference on which I gave above. The original is written in sqt. I have loaded it in Vortex Tracker and have reduced patterns.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:25 pm

thank you both! I'm a bit busy for a few days, but i'll get around to it this weekend :)

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks Rintex and Alex, I've used the DizzyAGE Audioworks tool to successfully crop the YM file :D

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Huckleberry
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Huckleberry » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:18 am

Does anyone know if I could compress an ogg music file? The final zip of my game is 22mb and the vast majority of that is music. I don't want the file size to be massive just because of some tunes. Hopefully I won't have to chop them up in Audacity because that would be more work than I can bear at the moment. :hitwall:

ingolemo
Free Range Egg

Post by ingolemo » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:42 pm

The ogg vorbis format already is compressed. If you want a smaller file size then you'll need to down-sample them. (when you save them, check out the options)

Huckleberry
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Huckleberry » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:31 pm

ingolemo wrote:The ogg vorbis format already is compressed. If you want a smaller file size then you'll need to down-sample them. (when you save them, check out the options)
Thanks for the help, ingolemo. I managed to sort it out this morning. :tup: