resetting a puzzle

Need help with using DizzyAGE then look here
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:44 am

without seeing the actual game, it's quite hard for me to actually see what the exact problem is. However i suspect that it has something to do with you using AIupdateTrain for the block. Personally i try to only use that for stuff like bats or lifts.

I think the problem could be that you're moving the block without changing the target waypoint. Again i'm not sure exactly how you have it working (i'd need to look at the game to see), but I get the feeling that it's something to do with that.

I was going to suggest that you look how i coded my crushing blocks in Treasure Tomb Dizzy (file rooms.gs), but i've just looked, and i didn't use AIUpdateTrain, i wrote my own code for it. Plus if you do look, bear in mind that TTD was wrote with DizzyAGE v1.31, not v2.3

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Cheers Jamie

I don't want to look at TTD yet as it's still in it's downloaded zipped state as I haven't played it yet. You're probably right in that it's something to do with the AI and the target point, so I thing that rather than faff around I'll alter it to using two dynamic blocks on top of each other that I can disable and enable to make the player die by changing the block they're standing on.

Grandad

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Grandad, I've emailed you back with what the problem is and how to rectify it. It was, as i suspected, to do with the waypoint's target, however it's really simple to fix.

It is something that you'd have had to have known exactly how the AIUpdateTrain function actually works before you'd have realised what the problem was.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln