Diamond Mine Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:24 pm

delta wrote:ok, the broken sword now comes out of the wall because it is needed for a new puzzle.

that puzzle is the sole reason part of the landscape in one of the rooms has been changed.

a script has also been changed providing a helpful hint.

i hope this helps!

btw, have you noticed how it isn't possible to fall into the water under the broken bridge?
I'm stuck with the broken sword... I haven't seen the first version of the game, so I'm not able to say where the landscape has changed... can you give me a clue?

Brilliant game, by the way!

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:47 pm

i think a scroll gives a bit of a clue. if not, try using it somewhere that is also broken....

oh and you can play the 'classic' mode from the game intro menu (change the 'mode' in the options menu)

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:56 am

delta wrote:i think a scroll gives a bit of a clue. if not, try using it somewhere that is also broken....

oh and you can play the 'classic' mode from the game intro menu (change the 'mode' in the options menu)
Thanks delta! Got the sword, and making lots more progress now!

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:03 pm

Nearly there now! Just one diamond to find! I think I've found all the awkwardish ones, although am a bit worried about the one in the quicksand - have I... ummm... banjaxxed it by solving a previous puzzle? I.e. is it there in v.2, or has it been moved somewhere else?

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:17 pm

WhyNotSmile wrote:Nearly there now! Just one diamond to find! I think I've found all the awkwardish ones, although am a bit worried about the one in the quicksand - have I... ummm... banjaxxed it by solving a previous puzzle? I.e. is it there in v.2, or has it been moved somewhere else?
i *believe* it is in full view in v2 mode, and hidden in 'classic' mode.

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by WhyNotSmile » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:41 pm

Finished it now!! Yay! I hadn't banjaxxed the quicksand, there was no diamond there... although the one I was missing turned out not to be too far away!

Thanks for the help and for a great game!

Riand
Free Range Egg

Post by Riand » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:16 am

huff .. i admit, this time i must cheated. that diamond behind the cheese-cake is beyond human imagination :D

about the hidden welcome screen, i found it early. but i thought the hint that 'dora' mentioned is just a fake, like the other one about quicksand.

one thing, we don't really need sharp woodaxe cause we can reach the 'two switch room' by jumping from the cloud in the upleft room.

Riand
Free Range Egg

Post by Riand » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:37 pm

oh, sorry .. i just played v2 and found out that all hints are correct. :D

btw, there are a few minor bugs in the v2

1. it seems i can't reach the key for heavy door

2. when seamus ask to dizzy, where were he found the shamrock, dizzy still said 'in the mine'

3. delta, are you sure you didn't miscount the diamond? i already found 50 diamonds before meet dozy. check out this picture:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:05 pm

i've just checked the map, and there is definitely only 49 'coin' items (diamonds), the 50th is the one you get from daisy. HOWEVER the map is finding another diamond item (not 'coin') somewhere in the map, that i can't identify. I'll have to look later.

you say you can't reach the key for the heavy door. Can you remind me where it is, and i'll have a look later too. (i can't remember where it is!) EDIT:: don't worry, i just found it. oops!

and yes, the seamus thing is probably a mistake i forgot about.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:47 pm

right. I've fixed Seamus' text in v2. I've fixed the ledge with the heavy door key on in v2 (i'd moved the ledge you jumped from across by 8 pixels in v2), and i've actually found the issue with the extra diamond! There was indeed an extra one, in both maps... Which wins it the prize for the longest undetected bug in any of my games. (it seems that there has been 51 diamonds in the game since the start...)

I have now removed a diamond, making the correct total of 50. So everyone that had found 50 diamonds and thought you'd found them all, WRONG! :p haha

anyway i'll upload v2.05 whenever the 110mb control panel decides to work...