Magic Star Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Annie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Annie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:01 pm

ianforcer wrote:Don't confuse this with an Aqualung, as your air time is limited. Press spacebar to swim and use directional keys to maneouvre around. Just watch out for those pesky fish!
Thanx Ian
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. ~ Walt Disney

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

ianforcer
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by ianforcer » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:01 pm

-TF- wrote:Meph, what do you mean you've lost the harp? it can't just vanish....
i've just checked the code and it simply can't.

ianforcer - regarding your question about the bag - no. :)

Meph - I think Dora must be plucking it!

Jamie - That's just devious! ;) Worth a try anyway. So the hammer...

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:12 pm

Annie wrote:Don't know I tried to hit the Eagle with the Club and I just stayed there bobbing up and down and then couldn't get down so I pressed some buttons on my key board and Dizzy appeared again.

Strange :dizzy_cool:
in theory, i know what has happened here. the eagle picks you up, *but the dizzy hanging on doesn't move*, then the eagle carries you off (not carrying anything) and when it 'dropped' you, you gained control again and got 'another' dizzy.

in practice, that should never happen. it should *always* carry the hanging-on dizzy off. the code simply doesn't allow it to stay there....

hmmmmm there is one small possibility, however you'd have had to have been *very* precise with the timing. *goes to check*

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Annie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Annie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Sounds reasonable :D

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

dharr999
Free Range Egg

Post by dharr999 » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:15 pm

So much for finishing it after solving the eagle puzzle.. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

I've got a feeling my next step is to do with the winch next to the castle moat. :dizzy_confused:

Annie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Annie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:21 pm

Well I have had enough for one day am going to bed gotta be up 05.30 for work :cry:

Good luck Jamie with trying to solve my double Dizzy :v2_dizzy_happy:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:21 pm

Annie wrote:Sounds reasonable :D
yeah, except i still can't replicate it. what i think you've done is managed to use the golf club *just after* (and i mean literally milli-seconds after) it picked you up.

when it picks you up, it sets the 'dizzy' tile to the hanging on one (and shows it). i think that as you used the club *just after* it picked you up, it then set the dizzy tile it moves to the 'hanging-on with club' one, and moved that one (still invisible, as it 'showed' the other one first), instead of the first one, which was left in mid air.

i'm only guessing here, and i'm not entirely sure that is what has happened, as it should move the player with the eagle anyway, even if it doesn't show you. however i do think it must just be a *split second* that it can happen in, and you've just hit lucky doing it. if anyone else manages to do it too, please let me know what you did, how, and in what order etc, and i'll look into it further.

for the moment tho, i'm treating it as a 'one-off', and hoping that no-one will be able to trigger it again! :P

Annie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Annie » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:24 pm

-TF- wrote:yeah, except i still can't replicate it. what i think you've done is managed to use the golf club *just after* (and i mean literally milli-seconds after) it picked you up.

when it picks you up, it sets the 'dizzy' tile to the hanging on one (and shows it). i think that as you used the club *just after* it picked you up, it then set the dizzy tile it moves to the 'hanging-on with club' one, and moved that one (still invisible, as it 'showed' the other one first), instead of the first one, which was left in mid air.

i'm only guessing here, and i'm not entirely sure that is what has happened, as it should move the player with the eagle anyway, even if it doesn't show you. however i do think it must just be a *split second* that it can happen in, and you've just hit lucky doing it. if anyone else manages to do it too, please let me know what you did, how, and in what order etc, and i'll look into it further.

for the moment tho, i'm treating it as a 'one-off', and hoping that no-one will be able to trigger it again! :P

Cheers Jamie, glad I could add a bit excitment to a really good game :v2_dizzy_clapping:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:27 pm

Annie wrote:Cheers Jamie, glad I could add a bit excitment to a really good game :v2_dizzy_clapping:
excitement?!? do you realise how many updates i've released for this game already?!?!

i'm wanting to get on with my next game, and all i seem to be doing is fixing bugs in MSD! :p

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:35 pm

it find the Harp anywere...lol i don't need it but i normally pick it up and give to to Dora as i go past.. but its not were it should be.. . lol oh well i only got one life left away so i doubt I'll need those bones.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in