Winter World Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:45 pm

ClientFan wrote:Well I haven't :v2_dizzy_mad: !

I am stuck at 28, having found all the 'obvious' coins. And what is this preoccupation you seem to have with sword handles? :v2_dizzy_lol:
ahh it's just easy to place them in front of stuff. they are room decoration, and they're the right size to hide coins! :p

EDIT: i'm pretty sure i know which ones you're missing. i reckon there's three or four really difficult ones, in that you have to be absolutely on the edge to reach them. ;)

ClientFan
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by ClientFan » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:03 pm

Hooray! Done.

I can't see that they're going to be able to get up to very much in that final room though :D

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:30 pm

the size of the original map kinda constrained me there.... :p

Apep
Free Range Egg

Post by Apep » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:38 am

Hmmm........frogandhat was right Jim, you ARE a devious ###%&&&% :v2_dizzy_eek:

I got the puzzle part solved but finding all the coins is hard, so far I'm up to 27 but I'll be darned if I can find that last 3 :v2_dizzy_confused2:

You didn't use that "Amazing Illusion" part of the map did you?

[EDIT]

Make that 28 coins.....found one hidden near dylan,.....had to actually stand on the snow to get it, that's just plain evil man

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:13 am

:p

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Apep
Free Range Egg

Post by Apep » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:55 pm

I finally found them :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Scoured every inch of the map that I could stand on and still came up 2 short,...so I figured there was somewhere I hadn't been. Then it just suddenly hit me, Take a leap of faith :dizzy_wink:

First leap lead to death cos I rolled off and kept rolling onto the thin ice, but I got the last 2 none the less. Wish I'd thought of it sooner.
As it was I stayed up untill 2am hunting for them......good thing I didn't have to get up for work this morning.

And for the record, I'm not bitter....I like a challenge, it's no fun when it's too easy. For a small game, it was very nicely done although I can offer one small piece of constructive critisism: (hopefully without giving away a spoiler)
Had I not already been familiar with the map, I doubt I'd have been able to figure out where to use the de-icer. Only reason I got the idea to use it where I did was because I knew from fantasy world that there was water there. Just my 2 cents worth.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:53 pm

Apep wrote:And for the record, I'm not bitter....I like a challenge, it's no fun when it's too easy. For a small game, it was very nicely done although I can offer one small piece of constructive critisism: (hopefully without giving away a spoiler)
Had I not already been familiar with the map, I doubt I'd have been able to figure out where to use the de-icer. Only reason I got the idea to use it where I did was because I knew from fantasy world that there was water there. Just my 2 cents worth.
that's fine, i know it's not a perfect game by any means, after all, it is just something i knocked up in a week while i took a break from coding RRD. I used the map i still had from my still-born project of doing a remake of Fantasy World, so i was kinda constrained by the map in certain areas.

if i were you tho, i'd start getting used to the idea of puzzles that make perfect sense once you solve them, but don't seem logical before that... ;)

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:54 pm

Apep wrote:Hmmm........frogandhat was right Jim,
Jamie, please. :)

Apep
Free Range Egg

Post by Apep » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:33 pm

ok,...Jamie it is. :v2_dizzy_cheers:

I'm gonna try your Treasure Tomb next(start small and work my way up you know) I'll be expecting the unexpected.

Once I get caught up with all the fan games out there I might have a go at making my own,.....no guarantees though cos I'm a n00b when it comes to scripting.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:30 pm

haha you go from my easiest game to probably my hardest! :p