Yolkfolk Prophecies (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Yolkfolk Prophecies (HELP THREAD)

Postby Sparkles 49 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:10 am

Great game but I'm stumped. I didn't want to give in or be the first to start the help thread!!

Anyway items I have are:- [color="#FFFFFF"]Jar with jammin it, rope, totem, telescopic baton and script.[/color]

I need to, [color="#FFFFFF"]find glasses[/color].

I also think I need to get into the hut somehow, grow somethint in the 'arable soil' and somehow jump onto the clouds from the castle.

I've run around for ages now trying everything on anyone or anything I can think of but nothing seems to work, PLEASE I would be really grateful if you could give me a hint or two?

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SALEHMARLEY » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:33 am

Hey Sparkles,
Glad that I managed to stump somebody!!!
I think you may have to pull a certain object [color="#FAEBD7"]from the mud [/color]with a format used by cowboys to herd horses!!!
:v2_dizzy_wink2:

If not enough of a clue there, try the [color="#FAEBD7"]room named very similar[/color] to a pub :D
Do unto others as you would have them do!!!

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Sparkles 49 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Thank you!! I hadn't thought to try that particular place, just goes to show you should try EVERYWHERE in these games. Loved Deborah Meaden, really made me laugh.

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SALEHMARLEY » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:42 pm

Deborah deserves a mention.....

Good luck with the rest of the game :-)

Sparkles 49
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Sparkles 49 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Salehmarley

I'm getting on really well now and have [color="#FFFFFF"]the diamond edged pickaxe[/color] I think I know where to use it but I can't now go right at the two way retreat. Is that right or is it a bug?

SALEHMARLEY
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby SALEHMARLEY » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Sparkles 49 wrote:Hi Salehmarley

I'm getting on really well now and have [color="#FFFFFF"]the diamond edged pickaxe[/color] I think I know where to use it but I can't now go right at the two way retreat. Is that right or is it a bug?

Have you used the [color="#F0FFF0"]fishy phallic shaped[/color] object yet? If so, have you met [color="#FAEBD7"]brucie[/color]??? Not sure there is a bug in the 2 way retreat as there is no puzzle?....although, i did have problems when using a totem warp when testing and had to widen the corridor in certain places!!!?

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:35 am

I think it's a DizzyAge engine quirk* where gaps between the player and the scenery are minimal. I've been stuck at that point a couple of times (when going right), but loading a saved game gave no problems. I also had the same problem with Enlightening times with the 'one way passage' with the stalactite and stalagmite more or less next to each other. Not all the time, just sometimes.

* as the engine is constantly checking the materials all around the player tile 'box'.

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:35 pm

SALEHMARLEY wrote:Not sure there is a bug in the 2 way retreat as there is no puzzle?....although, i did have problems when using a totem warp when testing and had to widen the corridor in certain places!!!?

if re-positioning the player using the code, you need to place him on the X axis on a multiple of 4. e.g. 404 or 880. If you don't, you will get issues with places you could previously squeeze through becoming inaccessible.

Re-loading the game probably positions Dizzy on the nearest 4x X position (e.g. 404 instead of 403), thus removing the problem, until the game moves him again.

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:39 pm

my 'worm entering ground' animated tile looks very odd 'crawling' along the castle floor... :confused:

There's a 'worm crawling' tile for that!

EDIT:: wow that pendulum moves fast! :p

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby delta » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:10 pm

Now I'm stuck, with:

[SPOILER]
Claw Hammer
Telescopic Baton
Totum Block
Pot with Jammin it
[/SPOILER]