Back To Magicland (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:46 pm

Wow - I can't believe that I was playing this 5 years ago! And it seems I was pretty au fait with the game back then, but I am afraid I have very little memory of playing the game or the puzzles and I don't keep notes, so I am sorry but it appears that "Froggie's Help Swamp" has dried up. :embarassed:
Insert signature here

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Grandad » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:10 am

I'm having trouble remembering ..and I wrote the game. I have vague memories of putting Gobolino the cat on a ledge halfway down the side of a castle and you need to give her the opened can of tuna. I think the translation book is for the mushrooms.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:03 pm

Gary S wrote:Sorry, I can't get anywhere in this. I've opened the tin of tuna and found the translation book (which doesn't seem to work on the monkey) but there just doesn't seem to be anywhere to go.
From what i've noted that monkey wants what all monkey's want a..... banana and the translation bk is used on the guy at the monolith - hope it helps cause it's a neat game

BAD GRANDAD - no notes :say_no:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Gary S
Free Range Egg

Post by Gary S » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:12 pm

The problem is that monolith maze. I presume there's something at the centre of it but I can't work out how you get to it.

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:10 pm

Gary S wrote:The problem is that monolith maze. I presume there's something at the centre of it but I can't work out how you get to it.
You have to go pick up the hat that blew onto the monolith ledge

Gary S
Free Range Egg

Post by Gary S » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:43 pm

I've already done that but I meant I can't work out where to go once I get inside. I just spend forever going through different doorways getting nowhere.

Noggin the Nog
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Noggin the Nog » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:13 pm

I can't really remember, but I think there's a puzzle somewhere that shows you a map of the labyrinth, or maybe marks the doors or something. Until you've done that the labyrinth is unpassable.

(I think - I really can't remember the game very well)

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:06 pm

From earlier hints in the thread, I think Noggin is right, and it seems from my earlier, knowleggable (!) posts, it has to do with the rising sun rhyme. I gave loads of hints about that previously.
Insert signature here

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Gary S wrote:I've already done that but I meant I can't work out where to go once I get inside. I just spend forever going through different doorways getting nowhere.
I've sent you a PM

Gary S
Free Range Egg

Post by Gary S » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:19 pm