Daisy's Search (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm
Location: Scoraig

Daisy's Search (HELP THREAD)

Post by princeoftheyolkfolk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Oh so didnt want to be the 1 to start this :say_no:
I have got to the guards and have placed 3 items for the 2nd part of the puzzle but none of the items i have left seem to work. :v2_dizzy_dry:
All i have left is tape recorder (used) - jar of dust - loaf of bread - grand dizzys cards.
I can only think that the jar should maybe be empty again but i dont know where or how to empty it.
As far as i can tell the only puzzle i have left to solve (apart from getting into the castle obviously) is moving that annoying creature that keeps throwing me back down the hill when i try to get the item for the tanning lady.And i still need to get the clover from Shamus.

User avatar
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1533
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: london

Post by quiggie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 pm

go visit dora again and you need to use a couple of your other items before you can proceed
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm
Location: Scoraig

Post by princeoftheyolkfolk » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:22 pm

quiggie wrote:go visit dora again and you need to use a couple of your other items before you can proceed
Ive been to dora again thats how ive got loaf of bread and shes not there now.
What am i missing because ive checked everywhere and cant think what else to do?

User avatar
quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1533
Joined: Tue May 13, 2008 2:24 pm
Location: london

Post by quiggie » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 pm

OH CRUMBS didn't notice you had that item - what to do to turn it into the first two words!!!!!! :v2_dizzy_smile:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm
Location: Scoraig

Post by princeoftheyolkfolk » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:07 am

quiggie wrote:OH CRUMBS didn't notice you had that item - what to do to turn it into the first two words!!!!!! :v2_dizzy_smile:
Thanks for that quiggie - i knew that item had something to do with it just didnt think to do that with it 1st.
Now i cant get past the boulder!
I dont use the keyboard to play because of dexterity issues with my hands and wrists its too painful so normally use a saitek joypad and nothing i press seems to do the needful.
Have tried with the keypad but cant get the coordination right and more often than not control doesnt do anything except drop me onto the spikes.
Somehow i managed it (but i dont know how) and then reached a point where i landed onto spikes anyway and presume that this is an area where i have to walk a little before running again?
I obviously dont have the sequence of button presses right

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm
Location: Scoraig

Post by princeoftheyolkfolk » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:02 pm

Think im gonna give up on this now.
Can manage to do the 1st jump ok but then every single time i either jump over the 2nd or 3rd ledge or i roll off the 2nd ledge to land on the spikes.
Had enough now and i think this will be the 1st game ever i dont complete!!
Its getting me so angry and no game is worth that.

User avatar
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 am
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Post by frogandhat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:10 pm

That section is REALLY tricky, but you are getting near the end, and you will miss a nice surprise if you quit now!


I am a bit miffed that you got past the bit that had me stumped the bit that triggers the heist, as I had a really nice cryptic clue worked out for it! :(

EDIT - i have just noticed, I have a save game just after the boulder that I can email you if you like
Insert signature here

gibbyboy
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by gibbyboy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:39 pm

frogandhat wrote:That section is REALLY tricky, but you are getting near the end, and you will miss a nice surprise if you quit now!


I am a bit miffed that you got past the bit that had me stumped the bit that triggers the heist, as I had a really nice cryptic clue worked out for it! :(

EDIT - i have just noticed, I have a save game just after the boulder that I can email you if you like
i am stuck got papas cards, 4leaf clover, childrens book (used
) 2way mirror have solved the ledges but cant get any further any help please

User avatar
frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 1248
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:35 am
Location: Gravesend, Kent

Post by frogandhat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:55 pm

you should have another object, and you havent solved the ledges!
There are a couple of clues around telling you you have to solve the ledges twice, the second time round the order is foretold by a senior was the gist. But you cant solve it yet as you are missing an object from your list ( you should have found it, but may have discarded it as it was helpful for another reason) - then think of another name for it ;)
Insert signature here

gibbyboy
Hard Boiled Egg
Posts: 140
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:25 pm

Post by gibbyboy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:59 pm

frogandhat wrote:you should have another object, and you havent solved the ledges!
There are a couple of clues around telling you you have to solve the ledges twice, the second time round the order is foretold by a senior was the gist. But you cant solve it yet as you are missing an object from your list ( you should have found it, but may have discarded it as it was helpful for another reason) - then think of another name for it ;)
probably the tape recorder!!

Post Reply