Pirates Life Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Kirkub
Free Range Egg

Post by Kirkub » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:38 pm

NowhereGirl: I'm playing v. 1.0 and the energy bar is exactly the same as in the screenshots, i.e. heartbeat "monitor". I don't think anyone else has reported seeing the "spectrum" (or rasta, as you call it) bar...
As far as falling out of the cart, it's been reported already (in Fan Games -> Pirate's Life, not in the Help thread, I believe). It may have been fixed by now. I'm still playing the original version though because I'm too lazy to download the newer one ;)
Cheers

P.S. I'm in the same place as LDoY was in post #96... and the help thread is not helpful at this point ;) that is I've got dagger, mug, hatchet (I think!), teeth and 8 pieces of scroll. I've paddled my bum all over the islands and no one wants anything... I also can't solve that puzzle with the hanging axe or whatnot. Hayelp!

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:21 pm

I definitely prefer the "screenshot" version of the energy bar, but where can I download the first version?

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:50 pm

what I take as your request is, you prefer this:-

to this:-

The top lifebar was from an early development version, and no longer exists in game. Note the bar still goes down the same as the new one!
I may look to see if I could add a menu switcher at some point, if enough people do to not like the heartbeat animated type!
I am busy this week, so it may take a little while!

The minecart bug isn't fixed yet!
ImageImageImage

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:54 pm

Kirkub wrote:I also can't solve that puzzle with the hanging axe or whatnot. Hayelp!
you need to make the counterweight light. try something 'light', you've been carrying it since the start!
ImageImageImage

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:16 pm

About the health bar - no, I prefer the version with the animated heart plus the zig-zag line like on emergency care monitors to the rasta-coloured version. It looks too simple in such a game and also (even though I just love everything colourful, I have lots of rainbow-coloured jewellery) the colours seem a bit too bright for this game.

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:38 pm

I'm not really sure what other version you mean. these are the only 2 lifebar's that have ever been in the game!

Umm?? could you possibly mean this?

this is just the background image as the lifebar goes down!
ImageImageImage

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:54 pm

Now I really don't understand...
A few posts before you showed two versions of the health bar. I prefer the second version to what I can see in the game now and it is the typical red-yellow-green bar overlaid over the last image you showed. Do you understand now?

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:07 am

I think you are playing the corrupted version. I did an edit on my laptop for v1.02 and it didn't pak properly! there was a reissued v1.02 that fixed it.
get the latest one though, v1.03. your save games will still work ok
ImageImageImage

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:16 am

Sorry to complain again and again, but I've downloaded version 1.03 and the bar is completely gray, like the "empty" bar in the last image. Even if I try to start the game again. I can see the heart, but no line and no red and blue colours. Weird... What could be the reason?
However, some music is better - for example I didn't like the music in the Dylan's area (or what was the name of Dylan's ancestor - I don't remember this one), the current melody works better.

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:54 pm

very odd!?! I have tested both v1.02 from dizzyage website and v1.03 from yolkfolk.com. I see no problems with the lifebar in either.

couple of questions:-
Have you tried extracting the zip to a new folder?
you haven't unpaked the game's dizzy.pak to the same folder?
what operating system are you running?
ImageImageImage