Pirates Life Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 pm

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk wrote:No, you don't return by the cart but by the boat that is docked near the tent, you need to get a "Permission to ride once" pass, are a few puzzles to solve in the areas you can access, you need to give the guy who talks nonsense something I remember (might have been something with a Jar)

I can't give anyone anything because I'm not carrying the correct items and now i can't get back to my 'stash' to try a new item. if you know what i mean. If i can't ride the boat back to the early part of the game and i can't get back down the mine cart how am i ment to get my other items to try?
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:54 pm

Meph wrote:I can't give anyone anything because I'm not carrying the correct items and now i can't get back to my 'stash' to try a new item. if you know what i mean. If i can't ride the boat back to the early part of the game and i can't get back down the mine cart how am i ment to get my other items to try?
You will find what you need in the area you are at, I can't recall exactly from memory but I think should bea jar then you need to trap summat it in.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:56 pm

frogandhat wrote:Yeah, finished! :v2_dizzy_yahoo:
Great game Colin, AMAZING looking, lots of very impressive technical touches like the flickers, and the view rotating through 90 degrees horizontally and vertically - even the little touches like the mine cart graphic changing as it goes up / down hill.
Some nicely weighted puzzles, and whilst there was a lot of walking around, with the shortcuts it wasnt too bad.
So, thanks for all your hard work, loved it! :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_cheers:
Indeed, well done for finishing F&H..

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:07 pm

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk wrote:You will find what you need in the area you are at, I can't recall exactly from memory but I think should bea jar then you need to trap summat it in.
Heh, heh - in the early version you didnt even need that! :v2_dizzy_wink:

Oh, I forgot, I also loved the way that you didnt need to find all the coins (think I found 49), and that you could buy the food if you had some spare, but with seemingly 10 'spare' coins, I think you could have made it a bit harder (but having said that, I am usually the first to struggle to find the hidden coins!)
Insert signature here

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Congratulations to those that have finished :v2_dizzy_clapping:
I do find it difficult when making the puzzles, to gauge how hard people will find them. I know a few were really nasty ones though :p

thank you for you kind comments on it! :)

Meph, take a look around the tent at the small camp
ImageImageImage

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:22 pm

frogandhat wrote:Heh, heh - in the early version you didnt even need that! :v2_dizzy_wink:
i accidently overrode the object id used :dizzy_frown:
ImageImageImage

Kirkub
Free Range Egg

Post by Kirkub » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks, LordOTY, for the response the other day re: boulder :)
I seem to have finally come to a stop after creating the shortcut through the mines... so tired from (and of!) riding that cart... and I don't seem to be nearing the end yet.
What can I do with these items: blunt dagger, scissors, empty bowl, water filled bottle, a lady's purse (made me think of "I'm a lady, you see, I like ladies' clothes and sh*t"), hatchet, suitcase, and of course snips, scuba, lantern? I can't pick up the manure yet, and there's a bunch more that I barely remember! Is that a specific enough call for help? :) Thanks!

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:56 pm

one of the items you can use - a girl doesnt feel properly dressed without it
Insert signature here

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm still playing the original released version....is this perhaps wrong?
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Nowhere Girl
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Nowhere Girl » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:25 pm

I've just noticed a funny bug. It was in the mine cart section, my third ride actually (I think I managed to find all coins in the previous two). I saved before a branch, than turned... and kinda fell out of the track. Dizzy kept going in a straight line, passing over rocks and even lava, a few times passing under something... Fortunately when I got to the end of the ride, the cart just entered the caves on the other side as if nothing happened... So I could even say it was comfortable - going all the way without having to do anything.
I don't have a technical possibility of putting images on the Web, but I could send a screenshot to the author. Anyway, has anyone else had a bug of this kind?

Yet another technical question... I read there is some older and some newer version... what about the appearance of the energy/health bar in those versions? I was actually disappointed to see the typical rasta-coloured bar (it doesn't suit such a graphically elaborate game), but I can see something completely different in the "official" (?) screenshots (on the game's Dizzy AGE page, anyway)...