Daisy Goes Shopping (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby princeoftheyolkfolk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:01 pm

This must be 1 of the most complicated frustrating and downright annoying games ive ever played but am persevering :v2_dizzy_frown: i will finish it.
Somehow. :cry:
I have read through the entire thread but havent seen anything of much help to me.
I seem to have accessed areas i shouldnt have yet and i dont have items that others did have by this time.
Puzzles that i found relatively straightforward seem to have totally flummoxed some while im still struggling on what must have been straightforward for them because i am well and truly stuck and totally sick of space travelling between planets both old and new.

Items i still hold are the[color="White"] chocolate bar - red ink - remote control - legend of celeste - spinach - magic marker and the wire cutters[/color]

I need to solve
OLD EARTH - [color="white"]i can get to daisy no problem but cant find bolt cutters[/color]
OLD BEGA - [color="white"]up and down tango music and the ankh on the wall[/color]
NEW FARGO - [color="white"]accessing the film studio - i need 1 kondar for the roses from brenda for hospital room 3 and obviously entry to the citadel also i have gone round in circles trying to decipher where each room in the council offices leads but cant do anything with the room on very far left of the ground floor no matter what angle the camera is at.[/color]
OLD FARGO - [color="white"]cant cross the broken bridge[/color]
NEW KRELL - [color="white"]cant figure out the statues (no pun intended) and need something to hold the door to get ring[/color]
OLD KRELL - [color="white"]probably the same as old earth ie annie and the bolt cutters[/color]
JUNO - [color="white"]something strong to remove the cog[/color]
OLD URSA - [color="white"]cant access there yet probably because not done juno but[/color]
NEW URSA - [color="white"]i have already done because i figured out what the code would be and the game allowed me into the coin room so that has been completed and i have the ring from there[/color]

I have 4 rings - gold one from start and the amethyst from ursa and the pearl from ista and ruby from rubat.
I know there are a couple of other things to solve but they are connected to the above which need doing first.
Any hints will be greatly appreciated.
Anyone up for writing a walkthrough for this :laugh:

Dont think i have written such a long post before in my life

chlodnik229
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby chlodnik229 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:03 pm

You need to find the marker;d Check game in Dozy's home;d

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Prince - do I say 'sorry' or 'thanks for the compliment'?

You need a magic marker to progress further - [color="White"]go back and check out the storeroom on the spaceship (the guard isn't there the second time you enter the ship ...that's why I had him walking to the storeroom the first time you enter the spaceship).[/color]

PS - the up and down tango is only a clue to help solve another puzzle.

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby princeoftheyolkfolk » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Grandad wrote:Prince - do I say 'sorry' or 'thanks for the compliment'?
I'll let you know when ive finished :dizzy_confused: :laugh:

Yeah ive figured out a whole lot more and edited above post when i found magic marker and other stuff.
Once id legitimately got the ursa code from juno thought that might open up a bit more but sadly no - "out to lunch" !!!!!!! :v2_dizzy_frown:

The only ring i need to find and place is the blue 1 which i assume is on juno but i cant get my head round the revolving door :laugh: ive unlocked the door and opened the door with no keyhole been trapped 'inside' and so on but to no avail. Talk about stupid!! It would help if when pressing the right button you then proceed to walk in the right direction :embarassed:

Done a bit more on Fargo but seems i now need something to dig with.

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby princeoftheyolkfolk » Sun Aug 15, 2010 1:30 pm

Still not getting anywhere with this something to dig with hope i havent screwed things up by going to ursa before i had found the code

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:22 am

Oh dear, not more odd little bugs. You shouldn't be able to dial other planets before you find the address ..but this won't affect the gameplay. The spade is hidden behind something with just a tiny part showing ...it's [color="White"]on Fargo[/color].

princeoftheyolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby princeoftheyolkfolk » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 am

Sorry i should have come back to say id found it.
Yeah i think i said in an earlier post that id got to ursa before i should have. Once i had all the codes written down for the other planets i noticed immediately what the missing planet code would be and just tried it for the hell of it :v2_dizzy_blush:
It let me go to the coin room but not to the other ursa until i had solved juno first.
I think i liked this game but it was just so devilishly difficult in so many places and downright confusing in others.
I absolutely hated the first level with all those doors and almost gave up then because it was too much too soon and the citadel was just downright annoying but the planet hopping wasnt as bad as i first thought it was going to be.
Im glad ive played it and completed it but i very much doubt ill ever play it again :say_no:
I liked the fact that items disappeared from your inventory once used at least you didnt have the added complication of trying to figure out if you needed it again.
I also appreciated there were no dummy items some games just have too many of them and it adds to the frustration aspect when in a quandary as to what to do next. :v2_dizzy_eek:
Definitely liked daisy goes solo part 2 the best from your games so far :v2_dizzy_thumbsup:

dc81
Your Backpack is Empty

strange

Postby dc81 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:25 pm

NO IDEA

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:08 am

DC81, the room is called 'push the blocks' ...what are you trying to find? Delta gave a big hint early on in this thread.

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks for the comments Prince. In hindsight I think that I've been concentrating on utilising 'new aspects of coding' I've learnt and probably flogging them to death ...and I agree about the 'maze' area on Earth - it started quite small, then just got added to.

I've not got any ideas for another game yet apart from the intention of making it more 'inventory' based rather than huge puzzles and hopefully making it fun to play - and no mazes!!!!