Heart Land Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:16 pm

Theres another problem too I've just found.
If you save in the dream, exit the game and load it back you'll be Dizzy, and stuck in the dream.. pity theses wasn't found during testing.
I have no idea how to fix it however

:hitwall:
Don't think I'll bother trying new things next time.. lol the game it pants.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:04 pm

Yes, this is what im finding, I can't get out of dream world when im lucky enough to get in with the sharp object.

Ive made a save on 39 Hearts (the last guarded by Zaks) with the item ive placed on the ground before you exit, question though, are you suppose to beable to exit where you came in with that item, when I exit it reverts back to the sleeping juice.

Dunno whether to send the save game or not as you will become Denzil, maybe best to exit and save, then see if going back in you can acquire the item again, not sure.

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Lord - dont put it on the ground, you need to get it to the real world - now how can you do that in a dream?

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:12 pm

Frogandhat,

No ive only put it on the ground purely to have as a save game point, the problem is I can't exit with it, as soon as I exit it reverts back to the sleeping juice in my inventory, I no longer have the item.

However, it seems if I close the game down and reload, im trapped in there as you reload as Dizzy not Denzil.

EDITS: Blimey lol....talk about getting confused....its a portal...sorted, ive escaped dreamword with the item...that had me well tricked...

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:17 pm

I've fix all the small bugs, getting stuck, falling through the floor (i tough i foxed that) deleted the trigger for the Nessus (i did the Hyde must of forgotten about this one) and correct Dozy drinking speech.

Sorry Chaps.. hope it didn't spoiler it too much. :(
I'll get a new version sent off soon..

However no idea how to fix this Dozy issue.. yet.
Thankfully not many people have started playing the game yet.. lol so theres time to save it before it spoiles everyones enjoyment.. im ashamed i didn't spot this before. :(
Perhaps st peters prediction wont come true after all.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:26 pm

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk wrote:Frogandhat,

No ive only put it on the ground purely to have as a save game point, the problem is I can't exit with it, as soon as I exit it reverts back to the sleeping juice in my inventory, I no longer have the item.

However, it seems if I close the game down and reload, im trapped in there as you reload as Dizzy not Denzil.

EDITS: Blimey lol....talk about getting confused....its a portal...sorted, ive escaped dreamword with the item...that had me well tricked...

Hahahahahaha how else would the item get from one world to another

Yes issues with the save in this part of the game.. im trying to work out a solution, im sorry

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 pm

Lord - yes you do leave where you came in
I did get a couple of bugs in that section, ie to start with i couldnt use the potion, then suddenly it worked, then when I reloaded to a save in the real world, as soon as i pressed enter Dizzy changed to Dozy.
I dont think i saved / reloaded after getting the sharp object, so I didnt get that issue, but the journey back isnt that difficult.

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:29 pm

Hee hee, back on track now, all 40 hearts found. I wonder if that portal is going to catch anyone else out as it did me (anyway everyone else will have some warning if they read the thread posts) :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

frogandhat
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by frogandhat » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:32 pm

Yeah, its weird how different problems fox different people! i sussed that one straight away after i exited without the item, and yet didnt get the bucket!

Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Lord Dizzy of Yolkfolk » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:42 pm

Finished :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

Thanks for the game Meph, enjoyed it, liked the Hydra Dragon and Nessus part of the game, building in some Greek Mythology & the maze was great :v2_dizzy_clapping:

A few bugs here and there but not to worry. A lot of parts of the game I wouldn't beable to code.

I don't think really we should be expecting to complete the games as quick as we do considering all the hard work that goes into making them but you enjoy the playing & challenge, and as you solve and progress you get more involved and want to keep going.