Grogg Island Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Stuck on one of our games? Post about it here.
Huckleberry
Hard Boiled Egg

Grogg Island Dizzy (HELP THREAD)

Postby Huckleberry » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:23 pm

Any problems, I'll try to help. Though the testers probably know more about it than me now.
Dragon Valley Dizzy

Grogg Island Dizzy

[color="Purple"]Coral Caves Dizzy - Sometime in the future[/color]

[color="SeaGreen"][SIZE="1"]Overhead the albatross hangs motionless upon the air
And deep beneath the rolling waves
In labyrinths of coral caves
The echo of a distant time
Comes willowing across the sand
And everything is green and submarine

And no-one showed us to the land
And no-one knows the where or whys
But something stirs and something tries
And starts to climb towards the light[/size][/color]

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby quiggie » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:41 am

this is great i'm really liking this game thanks huckleberry - loved the entrance to the WC lol - stuck now but not asking for help - yet!!!! :embarassed:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

gazbangor
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby gazbangor » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:43 am

i'm useless at all these games, i can't even get past the bear. Assuming he needs a fish but hmm.

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby DizzyFanUK » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:52 am

Gaz, if your finding these games tough, you're not alone. Its a bit like watching people struggle on 'crystal maze' - only obvious when you know the answer!!!

Sometimes it just takes patience and perseverance, and trying all items in all possible ways. Other times you can build from experience and notice a recurring theme - puzzles similar from game to game.

For this game - I think its been designed that nothing here is hidden or too cryptic. Things want to be solved in a logical order without any hidden traps. And if something looks a little unusual or interesting then it usually is.

So to get past the bear, try to use what you've already got.... if you havent got it yet, have some fun wandering around looking for things.
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:00 pm

I've had several laughs whilst playing the game today, like the chaos I caused at the [color="White"]governor's house[/color] :laugh:

Anyway I'm a bit stuck now, I found 7 pieces of eight and I have the following items.

[color="White"]catapult[/color], [color="white"]silver jug[/color], [color="white"]sharp knife[/color] (used once), [color="white"]feather[/color], [color="white"]candle[/color], [color="white"]crucifix[/color], [color="white"]numbers[/color], [color="white"]scaffolding[/color] and a [color="white"]lighter[/color].

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby WhyNotSmile » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:10 pm

This is definitely one of the funniest Dizzy games I've played in a while - the entrance to the Governor's House is classic! I'm enjoying the level of difficulty, the graphics are superb, and I like that it flows well - I never seem to have too many items at once, so there's not so much trudging about trying random items eveywhere!

I'm stuck as well though - a little bit earlier than Adz.

I have: [color="White"]silver jug, bucket, banana, crucifix, numbers and a lighter[/color]

I've a feeling I need to either sort out the [color="White"]Governor thing[/color] or the [color="White"]gardener [/color]next, but there are lots of other things I haven't done yet either - [color="White"]entered the cellar in the lighthouse keeper's house, the wine cellar, Dylan, Dozy, going over the waterfall, lighting the fire for the roast[/color] - can't think what else!

Any help appreciated!

Grandad
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Grandad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:44 pm

Don't want to give too much away as there are some lovely problems in this game and you do have to remember Huck's quirky sense of humour.

AdzM - a bit of light in the right place should help you progress.

WhyNotSmile - think of something that is very useful to a gardener.

Grandad

andy20066
Free Range Egg

Postby andy20066 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:06 pm

got bananna, clip and lighter i have stoped the bell and on the 3rd pirate what do i need to do next

WhyNotSmile
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby WhyNotSmile » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks Grandad - I'm a bit further on now!

Andy - [color="White"]stopping the bell[/color] should have given you access to a few new screens - see what you can find there!

OK, not much that further on - I can't figure out what to do with the [color="White"]trousers[/color]! I assume I need to [color="White"]clean them[/color], but I've tried [color="White"]dipping them in water[/color] and it hasn't worked. I can't think of any use for them! Please help!

gibbyboy
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby gibbyboy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:35 pm

WhyNotSmile wrote:Thanks Grandad - I'm a bit further on now!

Andy - [color="White"]stopping the bell[/color] should have given you access to a few new screens - see what you can find there!

OK, not much that further on - I can't figure out what to do with the [color="White"]trousers[/color]! I assume I need to [color="White"]clean them[/color], but I've tried [color="White"]dipping them in water[/color] and it hasn't worked. I can't think of any use for them! Please help!

a tested this game there is lots of puzzles but u need 2 put the trousers on someones bed were they shouldnt belong that should get u a response a think alot of people will be askin for help on this game am stuck aswell but am alot further on lol