Prince's secret sign?!

One for the hardcore fans...
Mervin1337
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Mervin1337 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:32 pm

I need to practice the archery mini-game and then I'll try it again :)

Lemmy556
Free Range Egg

Post by Lemmy556 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 am

This is not a fake,I tried this on Megadrive version and it worked. I will upload longplay soon,where I include this.

Katzii_Yataki
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Katzii_Yataki » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:23 am

I have to say, this was a fascinating read all the way through (as mentioned in my introduction thread), and had to try it for myself. It was extremely exciting to use the Prince's Secret Sign, and amazing that something like that would be hidden from the fans for so many years!

Then, it always seemed the thing to do to take the cow to market in Dizzy games, not go deep-sea treasure hunting and give cows to princes...

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:51 pm

Is it possible to get to the underwater cave (where the octopus lives)...
Not possible. I just hacked my way there.You can't even stand there.
I wonder what is the highest possible score
Yes,of course.If you only don't make a speed run(If you do then you won't have time touse prince sign)
You can play crossbow minigame over and over again.
(but it's kind of lame)
Also,did anyone found where you can use prince sign on Amiga?I'm really too busy (and...I can't make faod to work)to look for it.

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by universospectrum » Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Dizzy9 wrote: You can play crossbow minigame over and over again.
Good point! Didn't remember that one!!!
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:01 am

Dizzy9 wrote:Here,you can take a look:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRV41foaKgY
Unfortunelly i don't know how to make it playing again and full lenght...
Have you been able to confirm that any of that was truly a new song? To me it sounded like the underwater music, followed by the puzzle game victory tune, only played with the wrong instruments.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Bag of Magic Food » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:36 am

Uh oh, I just tried the steps for Prince's Secret Sign a few times, and it's starting to appear that the secret only works when I play in English. When I gave the coin to the shopkeeper and the cow to the prince in Italian and French modes, nothing happened. Someone should help confirm this, but I just wanted to point out, if you're having trouble getting the secret to work, you may need to switch the language to English first.

Edit: Yep, it also failed in German and Spanish, but it worked in English again. Maybe they didn't want to bother translating the secret messages? In any case, this is important to remember for anyone who wants a high score.
Dizzy9 wrote:You can play crossbow minigame over and over again.
(but it's kind of lame)
Oh, you mean spending all your extra lives there by just shooting guards and getting hit until the timer runs out, letting you keep the points from the extra guards you shot? Because otherwise on the Genesis version Dizzy will always go straight into the castle after he's won once before, so it seems as if you can't farm points there forever. And that's the annoying thing, that scoring in the rest of the game is a simple matter of collecting and using everything in a casual fashion, but this one mini-game will have a variable impact on your score depending on your skill in aiming and luck in where the guards appear, and there's nothing you can do about it afterward. As each hit is worth 20 points and each remaining second is worth 10 points, a successful shoot-out could yield as few as 80 points or as many as 1250 (had to use lots of savestate cheating to achieve that).

The extra annoying thing is that the Prince's Secret Sign forces you to put off the use of the crossbow longer so you can spend the coin and give the cow first... :cross:

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Bag of Magic Food wrote:Have you been able to confirm that any of that was truly a new song? To me it sounded like the underwater music, followed by the puzzle game victory tune, only played with the wrong instruments.
I can't confirm it.But you may be right-maybe I just screwed something...especialy because It's not in music list.
Edit: Yep, it also failed in German and Spanish, but it worked in English again. Maybe they didn't want to bother translating the secret messages?
Just checked it.
Prince sign is,by some reason,avaible only in English...I wonder why.

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Post by MJongo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:50 pm

It has been a while, but something to note is that Prince's Sign does not appear to be in the PC DOS version. Also, I still have yet to get an Amiga emulator running Fantastic Dizzy :(

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Dizzy9 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:15 am

It has been a while, but something to note is that Prince's Sign does not appear to be in the PC DOS version
Sorry,but you are wrong.
Item is in PC DOS version.
In polish translation is even translated!
But I can remember someone on dizzy.pl mentioning that she can't find it in DOS version...maybe it was cut from actuall gameplay and is unused in that version?
I was hacking amiga version(just to check Prince sign)as I can remember there was in game,but it was not working.