Prince's secret sign?!

One for the hardcore fans...
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:03 am

*sigh* universospectrum, MJongo, I just demonstrated that on my post above, I did NOT use any cheat codes whilst posting those screenshots! :rolleyes:

Sorry if I sound moody, I'm kinda frustrated with my personal life at the mo.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Adz.M wrote:...universospectrum, MJongo, I just demonstrated that on my post above...
Yeah, I was just thinking 'Am I the only person that can see Adz's post and screenshots!?'
:dizzy_confused:

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Post by MJongo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:57 pm

Adz.M wrote:*sigh* universospectrum, MJongo, I just demonstrated that on my post above, I did NOT use any cheat codes whilst posting those screenshots! :rolleyes:

Sorry if I sound moody, I'm kinda frustrated with my personal life at the mo.
Whoops, I assumed that the code was used because of universospectrum's post after yours.

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by universospectrum » Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:31 pm

Sorry, guys!!! My mistake!!! I thought that all of this was done only after the "FFBO27:AO" code, and that if we didn't insert it first we couldn't get to "prince's secret sign". Sorry :)

Adz.M wrote: Sorry if I sound moody, I'm kinda frustrated with my personal life at the mo.
Don't need to apologize (beside it was my mistake) :) ... And I know exactly what you mean! This last month ain't been exactly easy to me either :( ... anyway, sometimes talking about it helps :) . So if you need... ;)

And of course we could always make a party to cheer you up :D ... I believe Mr. Rubber Onions could make a puppet show, i would do the sitcom part LOLOL, someone would have to bring the booze and someone else the sound (any volunteers?!?!?!) and i think we could come up with some other extra ideas to cheer you up (don't we, guys???).

Any suggestions to cheer up our beloved Adz.M?!?!?!
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Post by MJongo » Fri Nov 06, 2009 4:49 pm

I beat the game with it in my inventory and I don't think anything different happened. I'm going to try using it on a bunch of things now.

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Post by MJongo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:08 am

I believe I have found the purpose! Drop the symbol in either of the two pools under the cemetery and purple rain (referencing the Prince song) starts pouring underground, along with a nice 250,000 point bonus! I guess there were some Prince fans on the development team lol

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:42 am

Oh my God, I can't believe that we're finding all this out right now... That's incredible, how come this has never surfaced before? Thanks Dizzy9 for showing us the way :D

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Post by MJongo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:23 am

Mataeus wrote:Oh my God, I can't believe that we're finding all this out right now... That's incredible, how come this has never surfaced before? Thanks Dizzy9 for showing us the way :D
I know! I am very excited about this, given that Fantastic Dizzy is in my top 10 favorite video games of all time.

universospectrum
Hard Boiled Egg

my, oh my :D

Post by universospectrum » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:24 am

Not just Dizzy9, but also Adz.M and Mjongo!!!

This is really amazing!!! :D I really can't imagine how this wasn't discovered before... i mean we're all "Dizzy geeks"... how on earth was this found about 15 years after the game got out?!?!

I think it's time we replay all the games again... i guess there are still secrets about Dizzy we never found before... LOL :D

Dizzy9... how about you dig something more?!?! Is there other obscure objects or secrets beyond the ones you already exposed?!?!?!

:D

Oh and by the way, Mjongo... how about you try to find out what to do with the Third dragon egg and where to play the extra Puzzle minigame Dizzy9 talked about?!?!? I think you have an special talent to find secrets hehehe
Q: What is Dizzy's favourite movie? A: ET - the Eggstra-Terrestrial :v2_dizzy_happy: zxspectrum.com.pt

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Post by MJongo » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:09 am

universospectrum wrote: Oh and by the way, Mjongo... how about you try to find out what to do with the Third dragon egg and where to play the extra Puzzle minigame Dizzy9 talked about?!?!? I think you have an special talent to find secrets hehehe

On the Sega version the subgame menu (which includes both puzzle games and all the minigames) is accessed with the following code at the title screen:
Right, Up, B, A, Down, Up, B, Down, Up, B. (RUBADUBDUB)

One extra life can be awarded by pausing the game and pressing:
C, Right, A, B, B, A, Left, Left. (CRABBALL)

What is this third dragon egg you speak of, and how do you access it?