Is this no damage emulator run legit?

One for the hardcore fans...
Takehaniyasubiko
Your Backpack is Empty

Is this no damage emulator run legit?

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb9nshpBC40

That's the Mega Drive version played by some youtuber on an emulator and it's supposedly a no damage run. However, it doesn't seem legitimate to me. I suspect quick saves because this player doesn't even stop for one second to think about progressing through the sewers or in the final tower. I've played the Mega Drive version of Fantastic Dizzy for a very long time and I can beat it with one life easily, but absolutely no damage seems virtually impossible to me on real hardware. Yes, you can avoid most of the enemies just fine, but those sewer rats and those bowling balls (or whatever that was supposed to be) of Zaks seem random at times and I just can't imagine having so much luck as to blindly avoid all of it in one perfect run.

What do you guys think?

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Re: Is this no damage emulator run legit?

Post by Adz.M » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:34 pm

It's difficult for me to tell if this person used savestates in places or not, but I do understand your suspicion.

But I agree that trying to dodge the rats in the town tunnels and the orange balls in Zaks' Tower without damage for me at least is close to impossible. :v2_dizzy_confused2:

I can't even begin to tell you about the lives I've lost from those tunnel rats! :dizzy_mad:

Takehaniyasubiko
Your Backpack is Empty

Re: Is this no damage emulator run legit?

Post by Takehaniyasubiko » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 pm

I'm convinced this person used save states, especially since it's so convenient in this game - there's a black screen before entering every new environment. For example, there's a part in that video where the youtuber enters a tunnel and does the jumps in a way which makes Dizzy avoid an acid drop by literally a pixel or two. Since the rats seem to load in random patterns, I can't see how somebody could pull off such precision without even stopping to look at the rats. In other words, this is done as if with foreknowledge of how that rats will move.

Sadly, the youtuber didn't answer when I asked about save states. In fact, he got very angry and called me names. Then he denied it. I just don't believe him, though.