Prince's secret sign?!

One for the hardcore fans...
Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sun May 01, 2011 8:21 pm

No new levels.
No new items.
Maybe some new puzzles with old items use,but I doubt it.
About GFXs...Still no clue,but they are unused.
And can be seen only by hacking.

Bag of Magic Food
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Bag of Magic Food » Sun May 01, 2011 9:17 pm

Maybe if you can access the secret area, then that's where you're supposed to use the Prince's Secret Sign now?

Something else occurred to me recently: There are a few places online where you can download the soundtrack to the Amiga version of Fantastic Dizzy, and they include one song that I have never heard in any version of Fantastic Dizzy. Is it some kind of unused battle song? Also, all the music in those recordings tends to sound a little different from what I've heard WinUAE output, like there's more of a real piano sound in the castle and mine cart songs, there's a sort of choral sound behind the underwater theme and final victory theme, and other things like that; just a higher quality sound in general, although sometimes the different voices sound a little out of tune with each other. The title music (which was the overworld music on Genesis and PC) even ends the loop by slowing to a stop. So what I'm wondering is, was it just a deficiency of WinUAE that I didn't hear the music like that in-game, or could that soundtrack really be a remastered version from the mythic "AGA on floppy disk" release of Fantastic Dizzy? Perhaps the secret song, the secret area, and the secret object are all related!

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Postby MJongo » Fri Dec 02, 2011 4:48 pm

I was bored today and re-stumbled across this topic. I'm going to test some things out on the CD32 version and get back to everyone here.

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Dizzy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Sorry to drag up a old thread but something popped into my head.

Might be a long shot but the use of 'purple rain' was also a Captain Dynamo cheat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDt-EHbXzm4

If you typed 'purplerain' in the titles or the highscore (can't remember which one) it game you invulnerability.
This is my memory from last playing the game some 10+ years ago :)

Some coders at Codemasters must really liked Prince music :)

ED: Also purple rain was used in Bubble Dizzy
http://eager.back2roots.org/CHEAT/b/bubbdi.htm
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg:

Dizzy9
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Dizzy9 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:39 pm

Dizzy wrote:Sorry to drag up a old thread but something popped into my head.

Might be a long shot but the use of 'purple rain' was also a Captain Dynamo cheat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDt-EHbXzm4

If you typed 'purplerain' in the titles or the highscore (can't remember which one) it game you invulnerability.
This is my memory from last playing the game some 10+ years ago :)
Nice find, never knew about this. :v2_dizzy_wink:

ED: Also purple rain was used in Bubble Dizzy
http://eager.back2roots.org/CHEAT/b/bubbdi.htm

Not only purple rain. "Love Sexy", "Controversy", "For You", "Dirty Mind", and "Sign Of The Times" are pices by Prince, too.

dlg2013
Your Backpack is Empty

this made fun reading!

Postby dlg2013 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi all, I stumbled across this thread last night and it made me chuckle! It took 20 years to find ONE of my secret puzzles!!!

Derek Leigh-Gilchrist :) :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Katzii_Yataki
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Katzii_Yataki » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:42 pm

dlg2013 wrote:Hi all, I stumbled across this thread last night and it made me chuckle! It took 20 years to find ONE of my secret puzzles!!!

Derek Leigh-Gilchrist :) :v2_dizzy_tongue2:

Does that mean there are more yet to be found?

MJongo
Free Range Egg

Postby MJongo » Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:09 am

RIP
:v2_dizzy_cry: :v2_dizzy_cry: :v2_dizzy_cry:

Mervin1337
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby Mervin1337 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:03 am

OK so since last summer I've had 3 different dreams about this game on 3 different occasions. All of them involve stuff that's not in the actual game, new areas and items etc (though I can't really remember anything specific from the dreams). I cannot let this go, I keep hoping that there is more undiscovered stuff in there. Some things that we could consider is; starting the fire that defrosts Denzil elsewhere? Maybe using the treasure chest somewhere?

I cannot let this go, as much as I would want to :D

AndyG
Hard Boiled Egg

Prince's secret sign?!

Postby AndyG » Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:51 am

How long before the dragon rumbles the fake egg and takes his terrible revenge! This is what concerned me..
And that ungrateful pirate.. On my second play through I begrudged giving him that rum.
EDIT: HER revenge..