Just finished it, some thoughts..

Lost? Keep dropping the bolders?
laffer35
Your Backpack is Empty

Just finished it, some thoughts..

Postby laffer35 » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:32 am

Well, I just finished this game. This is the first time I've had to use hints for the main game (I've had to use hints for a few coins in Dizzy 2&3).
And the reason is those dumb hidden rooms - if you put crucial items in hidden rooms, a least give some hints! Semi-transparent wall perhaps.. well, *something* anyway! It's one thing to do this with coins, at least you could finish the other games (sorta) without getting all of them but hiding crucial objects like this is lame.

Another big letdown with this game was the "getting rocks over that deep chasm" routing which became tiresome *very* quickly. That was some pretty lousy design in my opinion. It would be fine to do this once or twice and then get some item or something so you would not have to do that anymore.
This alone made the game somewhat a chore to play at times.
And the graphics were kinda drab as well.

The game had many good points as well though - cool puzzles, big environment, decent music.. and that wizard, Theo I guess it was. Can't remember having seen him before.

But overall, this is so far my least favourite Dizzy game.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:32 pm

I've never really completed the game myself because of this no save feature, the game map looked confusing to me enough :laugh:

maybe when a DizzyAGE remake is thought out in possibly a year or in the next several months I can get the urge to play it again.

I sometimes find Dizzy games exciting when you find a member of the Yolkfolk who are in serious trouble or something and you have to find a way to help them.