a couple of questions

Lost? Keep dropping the bolders?
nostalgiajunkie
Your Backpack is Empty

a couple of questions

Postby nostalgiajunkie » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi guys - just rediscovered this game on an emulator - finally I can save progress and actually get somewhere!

A couple thing, if anyone can help out I'd be really grateful... first of all, there's a star on some clouds two screens above the left-hand side of the whale's lake. It looks like you should just be able to jump across to it from the lower cloud, but I've tried and I just keep falling down into the lake. Is there a trick to it?

Secondly I've completely lost the ear trumpet. I gave it to Theo to rescue Granddizzy, put it down somewhere nearby (I thought in the room with the crystal tree) and now it's disappeared. I know I need it to talk to Dylan, but I can't find the **** thing anywhere! Is this a known bug? Is there some kind of cheat that would let me find it? I can't face starting the rock lugging all over again from the beginning... :v2_dizzy_frown:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:27 am

Hmm, I think I know which star you're on about, have you tried reaching the cloud with a star at the far left where Denzil is? It should be possible to reach for that one and jump across the other clouds to retrieve that star :v2_dizzy_confused2:

The Ear trumpet dissapearing has never happened to me and I always kept it near Theo until I needed it later.

I don't know which version you're playing this on but I only know of one cheat for the Spectrum version (I don't know about Amstrad) here.
http://yolkfolk.com/site/games.php?cheat_id=25&game_id=5

But it involves quitting the game to do the cheat though.

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyUK » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:07 am

That cheat only seems to work when playing the 128k version of Spellbound dizzy on the Amstrad.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:54 am

AndyUK wrote:That cheat only seems to work when playing the 128k version of Spellbound dizzy on the Amstrad.

No deception. In the game beginning where Dizzy jumps to type IWANTANOMLETTE, and in the game key C. And still it is possible to get to 105 room. It is emulator ZX-Spectrum.

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyC » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:48 pm

I've played Spellbound Dizzy using the Spectaculator emulator several times, but have never been able to get the cheat to work, myself.

Rindex
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Rindex » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:32 pm

AndyC wrote:I've played Spellbound Dizzy using the Spectaculator emulator several times, but have never been able to get the cheat to work, myself.

For me works. And in SPIN too.

STEVE 09
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby STEVE 09 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:59 pm

Do you have to key in this cheat in block capital letters or doesn't it matter? I know this cheat doesn't seem to work on my Speccy emulator ZX32 either.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:46 pm

STEVE 09 wrote:Do you have to key in this cheat in block capital letters or doesn't it matter? I know this cheat doesn't seem to work on my Speccy emulator ZX32 either.

It's not case sensitive, if you start and quit the game again and type in the cheat slowly and carefully, then the border should flash telling you the cheat has worked.

The times I've had trouble getting the cheat to work is when I keep mispelling omlette (I bet I've spelt it wrong now! :v2_dizzy_rolleyes: )

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby Mataeus » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:06 pm

"omelette".... Sorry :v2_dizzy_happy: