who are all these people??

Tell the community about yourself.
mickyblueeyes
Hard Boiled Egg
Location: Bury now, but lived all over this part of Lancashire

who are all these people??

Post by mickyblueeyes » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:33 am

thought i was the only person who remembered dizzy. bought a speccy 128+2 just for tuca.back in the depths of time. then jump 20 years and here you all are, remakes, new games and i think better games..and people who realise how good dizzy is. don't need codemasters you're doing it all yourselves. not to mention an easter competition. if somebody can teach me how to program dizzy games i'll put a prize up. at 1.99 retail for budget games it must be worth a couple of bob. thanks especially to jamie for his new games but also peter teal for the perfect remake of dizzy tuca, the game that started me on this road to ruin. the future is egg shaped :v2_dizzy_clapping: :v2_dizzy_clapping:

Apep
Free Range Egg

Post by Apep » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:49 am

Kinda new here myself so it's not really my place to welcome you, but welcome to the community anyway :dizzy_wink:

As far as teaching how to make Dizzy games.....http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/download.html

Everything you need to teach yourself is right there,...all the tools and several tutorials which are really very easy to understand. I have absolutely no programming experience whatsoever and even I'm able to follow it.
Will be a while before I'm ready to actually make anything with it but it's not out of the question.
There's a bunch of game making veterans here who'll be more than willing to help you out too.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:29 am

Welcome to the Dizzy Community mickyblueeyes :)

Enjoy exploring all of Yolkfolk.com too :cool:

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyC » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:00 pm

Welcome to the community, mickeyblueeyes. Good to have you with us.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:25 pm

hi
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:35 pm

welcome to the community!

i'm quite eggcited (groan!) here, we have two new people who may start to make games! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Apep
Free Range Egg

Post by Apep » Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:25 pm

Don't expect any results from me anytime soon, I still have much to learn before I can produce anything.

I'm finding the process of learning GS9 while simultainiously juggling 2 toddlers to be rather(groan) eggsausting. They are definately slowing down my progress but the brats have to take priority......even if I do want to throttle them :hitwall:

That and the fact I'm taking my time going through the books, I want to make sure i UNDERSTAND it all before I go to the next step.

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:16 am

Hey dude.... Been away for a while but now I'nm BACK! Welcome to you my friend, yeah the first Dizzy is great but for me you just can't beat Magicland. :)
Once again I bid you welcome, hope you have fun here :P

Fallen
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Fallen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:15 pm

hello hello :D

xelanoimis
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by xelanoimis » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:42 pm

Hello and welcome!

Taking time with the books is a very good thing.
It's a generally bad idea to jump to do a complex game while you are a beginner.

However, for a beginner, there's no need to get everything that is in the GS9 book, right from the beginning. In fact, you can have a simple game by just adding a few interactive objects and their functions to display messages, etc.

So, you can follow the main DizzyAGE book and the Editor book and always come back to the GS9 book for programming details.

Best of luck for all!
Alex