We need more Dizzy

Tell the community about yourself.
Big Dizzy D
Your Backpack is Empty

We need more Dizzy

Post by Big Dizzy D » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi guys im new to the forumk here, my name is Darren or just D to my friends. I am 27 and was a huge Dizzy fan when I was a kid and I still am to this day. I had a Commadore 64 along with many games but the games which outshined the most was my Dizzy collection, everything from the Cartoon Adventure, Treasure Island to Kwik Snax and Dizzy down the Rapids etc, I think I had most if not all of the Dizzy games available for the system and I was hooked. :dizzy_cool:

I remember how much of a challange it was when I first played one of the games which I think was Treasure Island and how much I had to think during gameplay, at first my reaction was :v2_dizzy_jawdrop: then :v2_dizzy_confused2: but after a while I got a hang of it and realised that you really had to think and plan through the game as it was a challange unlike most games I come accross.

Well this is becoming a long winded introduction but anyway what I want to say is that they should release a new game, a collection to consoles done in 2.5D or better yet re-release them onto X-Box live, Playstation Home and the Wii's content so we can all think back too good ol times. Anyway thanks for listening and I hope that we can help make Dizzy a public figure again!

P.S. someone should make a Fan Page on Facebook! :v2_dizzy_happy:

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:02 pm

welcome to the community :v2_dizzy_walkman:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi.

Why do we need them on box X playing stations when you can play them on your PC? i doubt kids today would be that interested.

Also there are loads of Dizzy games out there, which are far more challenging and better then the official games.. just look at this years easter contest.

Dizzy is probably more alive then he was 25 years ago.

There is a fanpage on facebook.
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Welcome to the Community Darren :dizzy_smile:
Big Dizzy D wrote:someone should make a Fan Page on Facebook! :v2_dizzy_happy:
We have one :v2_dizzy_happy:

http://yolkfolk.com/site/facebook.php

debug
Free Range Egg

Post by debug » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:33 pm

Welcome D,

Welcome to the community...

I too want Dizzy back for modern computers but due to a 'issue' of rights between the Oliver Twins and Codemasters they both have no plans to create another game.

DizzyAge will give you the chance to play lots of fan games but you need a PC (unlike me)

Ian

Big Dizzy D
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Big Dizzy D » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:39 pm

Adz.M wrote:Welcome to the Community Darren :dizzy_smile:

We have one :v2_dizzy_happy:

http://yolkfolk.com/site/facebook.php
Thanks guys, dunno why I didnt find this :v2_dizzy_thumbsup: . To be honest I think that Dizzy should be on X-Box and such to show people who dont know about Dizzy whats out there. I shown a friend of mine one of my old Dizzy games yesterday, he never heard of him before and after playing he thought that it kicked ass because its nothing like the games out today and agrees that they could still make great games if they tried.

I know about the fan games and using the PC and its great dont get me wrong, I just think that Codemasters could still do more of these games and im sure they would still do well, I could be wrong but its just my opinion.

P.S. could someone tell me how I can get an Avi pic up on here as I cant seem to find it :v2_dizzy_blush:

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:53 pm

Nah i can see Dizzy selling out, his enjoying the creative freedom.
Remember official Dizzy = no more fan games = :(
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Meph wrote:Remember official Dizzy = no more fan games = :(
Well, not really m8 :confused:
Big Dizzy D wrote:P.S. could someone tell me how I can get an Avi pic up on here as I cant seem to find it :v2_dizzy_blush:
On the top of the forum, you should see a link saying User CP, You will find the "Edit Avatar" option in there, hope this helps :)

Big Dizzy D
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by Big Dizzy D » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:40 pm

Adz.M wrote:Well, not really m8 :confused:

I agree there :v2_dizzy_confused2:

On the top of the forum, you should see a link saying User CP, You will find the "Edit Avatar" option in there, hope this helps :)
Cool thanks it really did help! :v2_dizzy_cool: :v2_dizzy_yahoo:

mickyblueeyes
Hard Boiled Egg
Location: Bury now, but lived all over this part of Lancashire

Post by mickyblueeyes » Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Welcome to the club darren.

Mike.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]