New member with questions

Tell the community about yourself.
LawXiu
Your Backpack is Empty

New member with questions

Post by LawXiu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:12 pm

Hello all, found this site a few months back and just joined. Happy to see there is a Dizzy community.

I don't really post in many forums but I've actually joined to get some information. I've found your petition to bring Dizzy back but I wondered if you had done anything else? The reason I ask is because I am a member of the Shenmue community and they are constantly fighting with no results. This time last year there was a mass mailing to Sega and over 7000 capsule toys was sent to them. Just wondered if you had sent anything and how you had got on with it. Since the mailing the games main character has been included in the new Sega allstars racing game.

Since then new members of the Shenmue Dojo keep posting "new" ideas and the old members get really annoyed and you lot must feel the same. Anyway if someone could give me links or ideas I would be grateful. In the meantime I'm going to raid old topics to see what goes on around here.

Thanks!

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:16 pm

Hello.

Hears an idea.. enjoy the fan games.
IF Dizzy officially returned then this community would almost die.. we would have to name them Spinnys and change the egg shape to a circle.

:O
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

LawXiu
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by LawXiu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:19 pm

I'll be giving the Dizzy fan games a try, be wrong not to. Unfortunately there is only one Shenmue fan game and it's pretty poor.

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:26 pm

I think it would be kinda cool - imagine if Dizzy was a featured guest driver in MarioKart or such like?

Besides, the whole point of this community is to keep alive the Dizzy thing with the hope of bringing Dizzy back to the masses. Thats why we have a petition page, Meph.

Anyhow, welcome to the community LawXiu. I think anything you can think of that can contribute to spreading the Dizzy word is valuable. However I think the main reason we haven't seen an official Dizzy game for so long isn't for the lack of a fanbase, but more because of the history over the rights to the Dizzy brand caused by the men in suits....

Anyhow, enjoy the fangames....
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

LawXiu
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by LawXiu » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 pm

DizzyFanUK wrote: I think anything you can think of that can contribute to spreading the Dizzy word is valuable. However I think the main reason we haven't seen an official Dizzy game for so long isn't for the lack of a fanbase, but more because of the history over the rights to the Dizzy brand caused by the men in suits....

Anyhow, enjoy the fangames....
If you want to get noticed then a mass mailing to the right people would get you noticed. The Shenmue one was mentioned in mags and a fair few websites. Spose you could post eggs with little faces on them or something. I have only found a petition for Dizzy so far, quite shocked. Your campaigns must have been going on for years.