Hello from California!

Tell the community about yourself.
auriplane
Your Backpack is Empty

Hello from California!

Post by auriplane » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:01 am

Hi! I've never been to europe, but we had a few of the Dizzy games when I was little (I'm 28 now), mostly for DOS. My favorite is Prince of the Yolkfolk :D

Recently I discovered I could play these games again with DOSBOX, and I fell in love with the soundtracks. I really want to make a cover of the Prince of the Yolkfolk song!! So I decided to look up different versions of the song on Youtube, and I came across the Amiga one, which is also excellent but very different. (All the other versions of the game seemed to have entirely different songs from the DOS/Amiga ones.) And I kept clicking, and saw a Youtube video by YOLKFOLKcom, so I had to sign up!

Hello!!

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:07 am

welcome to the forum - be sure to check out the main site Mulitmedia, audio section - they've posted loads of Dizzy music tracks
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:50 am

Welcome to the Community auriplane :)

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:57 am

welcome to the community! :v2_dizzy_clapping:

"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Mataeus
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Mataeus » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Hey, nice to see another new face! For a different experience, be sure to check out the many Dizzy fan games on here - they work straight out of the box, no emulation needed and many of them are fantastic. Most of them are created in the style of the original 8-bit Dizzy games.

auriplane
Your Backpack is Empty

Post by auriplane » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:48 pm

Thanks for all the welcomes!! :D

I am listening to some of those remixes now!!

I am also using too many exclamation points!! What fan dizzy game should I play :o

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:17 pm

well if you like Prince of the Yolkfolk, try Winter Nightmare Dizzy (which also happens to be one of mine! :p )

DizzyFanUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by DizzyFanUK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:05 pm

Good call Delta,

When I first joined, I was overwhelmed by the amount of Dizzy games I could play, so started going through them a-z. But now the amount of fan games has grown hugely.

But, as a place to start, I'd recommend anything thats been entered in recent Easter competitions, especially Colins winning entries (there'll be a link to it via the DizzyAge website somewhere on the mainsite) and most games that werent entered deserve a play too
- Also be sure to check out Alex's The Other Side, and Jamies Dizzy Stories website is full of cool games too.

Theres so much to choose from - and there's bound to be a forum thread on here for most of the fan games if you get stuck - I just hope you've got enough time on your hands - you'll need it!!!!
:v2_dizzy_thumbsup:Long Live Dizzy - May his boxing gloves never shrink in the wash :v2_dizzy_biggrin:

delta
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by delta » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:13 pm

DizzyFanUK wrote:I just hope you've got enough time on your hands - you'll need it!!!!
this is, of course, the main problem now. When I joined, there was about 7 dizzyage fan games available, and they were almost all pretty small.

some of the ones available now will almost literally take weeks to complete if you have a job and don't use the walkthroughs (hello Illusion Island Dizzy!)

you could of course start at the bottom of the dizzyage games page (http://www.yolkfolk.com/dizzyage/games.html) and work your way up, as they do start out fairly basic, and work up to more and more complex graphics, scenarios, and generally larger games. That way you'd also be able to see the evolution of that.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Hello,
I think im in California too.
:dizzy_cool:
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in