HELLOOOOOOOOOO!

Tell the community about yourself.
siccoyote
Your Backpack is Empty

HELLOOOOOOOOOO!

Post by siccoyote » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi there thought I'd write a little intro thread.

Been a dizzy fan since the release of Fantasy World Dizzy which was one of the first games I bought with my own pocket money at age 9, I remember working my way through that talking with my friend who had an Amstrad(I had a ZX Spectum 48k) about what to do, ringing up the hint-line listening intently with my brother and dad around me recording it on tape (must find that tape somewhere, hope I didn't record over it).

Moving on to Treasure Island dizzy I can still remember having it in my hands after buying it from John Menzies sitting in the car on a sunny day reading the story and instructions on the way home.

Then of course Magic Land Dizzy came out and I spent much time looking at the pictures of all the characters, what happened to Pogie and the wizard in that? :v2_dizzy_confused2: Of course much fun had with Fast Food and the eggcellent Kwik Snax to bad I never got to hear that great opening track until a good few years later when I got a +2.

But all this time I'd never played the original Dizzy as I'd come in a bit late, I'd look round all the games in Menzies hoping to find it, till eventually it was there as fortunately it was re-released unfortunately as one of those disc to blank tape jobs, which were never that great, plus you had to wait for them to make it. I have to admit I wasn't as enamoured by it, what was with all the enemies, the amount of lives, the weapons, where were the Yolk Folk. Still I played it through to the end.

That was all the dizzy I played until the age of emulators in the mid 90s as I moved on to the Atari ST in about 91 but that's another story.

Dizzy Rules! :dizzy_cool:

mickyblueeyes
Hard Boiled Egg
Location: Bury now, but lived all over this part of Lancashire

Post by mickyblueeyes » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:51 pm

Hi there siccoyote (sic?) and welcome to the wonderful world of Dizzy. Have fun!
Mike.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

quiggie
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by quiggie » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:16 pm

hello there - lucky you you've got all the easter competiton games + to play :v2_dizzy_clapping:
Hard work has a future payoff. Lazyness pays off NOW.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Post by Adz.M » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:56 am

Welcome to the Community siccoyote :)

That's a really good point about pics of Theodore and Pogie on the Magicland tape cover.

I'm guessing that they were going to appear on Magicland but the Olivers couldn't find a place for them in the game or something, so instead they both appeared on Spellbound......where both games involved magic and the Yolkfolk being in trouble, who knows? :v2_dizzy_confused2:

AndyC
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by AndyC » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:22 pm

Welcome to the Dizzy community, siccoyote. Good to have you here.

Meph
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Meph » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:48 pm

hi,
make your self at home
Its always the cracked ones that let the light in

Colin
Hard Boiled Egg

Post by Colin » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:19 pm

Hello and Welcome :)
ImageImageImage