Raise the flag, become the prince, collect the cherries
and save the girl.
Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Video of the unreleased Sega MegaDrive version

Postby Adz.M » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:04 pm

http://yolkfolk.com/site/page.php?id=127

Post your thoughts on this video here. :)

It's a real shame the game never got released though, the graphics and character sprites are unbelievable :)

enchantedgypsy25
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby enchantedgypsy25 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:19 am

that video is amazing

the graphics are brilliant, i even like his hat (i didn't like it on him in fantasy world) it looks so polished - shame it wasn't finished/released because i really want to play it :dizzy_smile:

to me that video shows what dizzy would look like it they brought him back for the iphone generation, cute detailed graphics and still 2D

Lemmy556
Free Range Egg

Postby Lemmy556 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:30 pm

Awesome graphics. Must be the best graphics for Dizzy game

AnthonyJDB
Your Backpack is Empty

Postby AnthonyJDB » Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:59 pm

Lemmy556 wrote:Awesome graphics. Must be the best graphics for Dizzy game

It certainly looks good, like a very polished version of the 16 bit computer versions. Given how many versions of this there are already, though (not to mention that the Megadrive could emulate a Master System, for which there was already a version) I'm not surprised they left it incomplete.

I always felt that "Fantastic Dizzy", with a few tweaks (a save or password system, primarily), would have been the ideal model for future 16-bit Dizzy games, if only ...

AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby AndyUK » Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:17 am

AnthonyJDB wrote:It certainly looks good, like a very polished version of the 16 bit computer versions. Given how many versions of this there are already, though (not to mention that the Megadrive could emulate a Master System, for which there was already a version) I'm not surprised they left it incomplete.

I always felt that "Fantastic Dizzy", with a few tweaks (a save or password system, primarily), would have been the ideal model for future 16-bit Dizzy games, if only ...

I know you made that post AGES ago. Just thought I'd clarify something. There isn't actually a Master system version of Dizzy the adventurer. As far as i know anyway.

geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby geekgirl101 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 pm

It happens, I think fans got very critical about the later games and I don't think the brand was selling as well as eggspected which is why the more earlier games were being rereleased in various multipacks and demos. I think by the time they got to making the Master System versions they were both out of budget and out of time as people were moving on to newer consoles and they needed to push something out fast so they went down the easier route with arcade games starring Dizzy.

darkly
Free Range Egg

Postby darkly » Thu May 26, 2016 9:06 am

I guess I am of kind late to the party. Anyways, I think that those castle sprites look amazing. Is there anyway of getting a higher quality screenshot or something? Thanks in advance. ;)

Dizzy
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Video of the unreleased Sega MegaDrive version

Postby Dizzy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:56 pm

darkly wrote:I guess I am of kind late to the party. Anyways, I think that those castle sprites look amazing. Is there anyway of getting a higher quality screenshot or something? Thanks in advance. ;)

As the Olivers say - Never say never...
:egg: Yolkfolk.com - The Dizzy Fansite :egg: