Spelling mistake on cassette

Trouble saving all the Yolkfolk?
AndyUK
Hard Boiled Egg

Spelling mistake on cassette

Postby AndyUK » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:16 pm

I have two copies of the Amstrad version of Kwik Snax and only just recently noticed one version has 'Kwick Snax' written on the cassette and the other is correctly spelt. One is the original single cassette release and the other is a part of Dizzy's excellent adventures, I think the original single cassette version is the one with the spelling mistake.

Just a little nugget of info for you lol.

Adz.M
Team Yolkfolk
Team Yolkfolk

Postby Adz.M » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:46 pm

AndyUK wrote:I think the original single cassette version is the one with the spelling mistake.

Looking at the scans for Kwik Snax, it turns out all 3 versions of the single tape had that typo.

geekgirl101
Hard Boiled Egg

Postby geekgirl101 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:17 pm

According to some sources the motor company Kwik-Fit had a legal row with Codemasters staking claim to the spelling of the word "Kwik", so Codemasters re-released the games to rename them to "Kwick Snax". Looks like they did't edit the game covers, the ingame spelling, and the disks for the 16 bit systems as they all have the original spelling. So it's not really a typo, just something they attempted to do on the spur of the moment to avoid being sued and it was probably too late for them or would've cost more money to redo everything than to pay off Kwik-Fit.