"Dizzy vs. The Snow Queen"
by Simon Rice (Noggin the Nog)
Winter came to the land of the Yolkfolk, and then it didn't go away.
By March, people were annoyed. By April, they were worried. By June, they were frightened.
So Dizzy went to see the good wizard Theo, to find out what was going on...
This is my first Dizzy game and has been some 7 months in the making.
I hope you like it. It's pretty big - there's over 150 rooms and more than 60 items. There's also 20 collectables (diamonds) - if you collect five, you get an extra life. This is their only purpose, you don't have to find them all.
The objective of course, is to defeat the Snow Queen, but there are also two alternative endings hidden in the game.
v2.0 contains many updates such the Russian translation from VK007 and smooth scrolling by Verm-V.
Aswell as new options such as Spectrum music or music from the game's original release and the option to play with unlimited lives.
Hints and Tips:
- None of the diamonds are hidden behind railings in the trees.
- The Ranger's keys need to be used 3 times.
- The game contains references to the Narnia books and Snow White, amongst others, if you get stuck on these puzzles then Google is your friend.
- You can pick up and move the rope ladder.
- There are books scattered about the map, most of which give clues to one of the puzzles.
- Beware of dropping down into the mines - you can't get back up unaided without dying.
- Fix the lift first.
- You can light and drop the dynamite anywhere, so if you run out, that's tough. However, each stick will reappear in it's starting place the first time you use it, so you'll have plenty of slack.
- In the storehouse, you have one chance to choose the correct 3 items. Which ones do you take?
- There are clues dotted all over the room.
Dizzy vs. The Snow Queen v2.0
25.92Mb downloaded 15435 times
This game was voted 9 times,
scoring 4.4 out of 5.
You can also visit the official Yolkfolk Page of this game.
And, if you're really stuck, visit the Yolkfolk Forums.
To contact the author, look for his or her email address in the readme.txt file from the game's folder.
To play or to create Dizzy games, visit the DizzyAGE website: