DizzyAGE website makeup
I'm considering to have a couple of things updated for the DizzyAGE website, to make things easier for me and for the visitors. Not necessarily visual related, but more about functionality. Things like:
- using more php and a mysql database to be able to display the list of games on more pages or have various sorting options (like by author, by year, etc.). And to avoid having problems like we had with the voting or loosing counters.
- games rating system and competition winner info listed with each game
- developer profiles to quickly know more about authors, their, games, etc.
- better history list
- better visitors notification system (so far I haven't sent any notification emails though I did gathered the emails for this)
- fix web browser related problems
- website map
So if you can point out a couple of things that you felt like should be there or be different, some suggestions, etc. please do. I'm not sure how much I'll be able to cover but hopefully till the next year I'll get to improve a couple of things.
Hard Boiled Egg
Excellent Alex, sounds you have covered most of everything everyone mentioned initially
Be interesting to see if anyone makes more suggestions as I can't think of owt else at the moment except perhaps have more screenshots for the games should any visitor want to view the game in more detail which they click onto.
Hard Boiled Egg
I'm not sure that having the games on more than one page is a good idea, as some people won't click past page 1. Having them in two or three columns would help reduce the length of the page though.
A mysql database would help stop the game download numbers getting wiped every so often!
It's up to you really, it's your website.
"Quotes from the internet may not be genuine
" - Abraham Lincoln
Exit and don't drop - MOD
Much as I hate to nitpick, you might want to look into the missing left and borders on each page, and you'll also want to update the legal disclaimer.
"Dizzy", "The Yolkfolk" and all related characters and titles are trademarks of Oliver Twins Limited
and The Codemasters Software Company Limited. All rights reserved.
Other than that, I like how the DizzyAGE site looks now, I hope you'll be able to sort out the issues with counters and votes getting reset.
the left and right borders are missing on my main browser (safari), i've also checked in google chrome and they don't appear.
The borders do however show in firefox.
So it would seem to be an issue with webkit browsers.