Thread: Magicland Dizzy for IBM PC - Alternative soundtrack?

Your Backpack is Empty

Default Magicland Dizzy for IBM PC - Alternative soundtrack?

Hi guys.

I was going through my massive collection of big box dos games. I've got two copies of magicland dizzy and i'm currently going through everything and making floppy images of everything for peace of mind.

I noticed something odd though. Each version of magicland dizzy has a different filesize and date.

The one with the original music we all know is dated 22-03-1993.

The one i have with different music is 16-04-1993 and its 3kb bigger. There is also a file called magic.com which is just a spashscreen of the magicland dizzy boxart.

Anyway. I used dosbox to make a quick video of it as i thought some people here might find it interesting .

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp6jv00IPJw

To my knowledge, this is "normal" soundtrack.What's the another one?

Your Backpack is Empty

The version i had when it came out in the early 90s only had this music on a loop for the whole game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Be0Wd3tWs

It just seemed odd to me that there are two different versions of magicland dizzy with different soundtracks for ibm pc

Hard Boiled Egg

Right, skip to 20 seconds into that video; it's the in-game music that's different.

And it's also a piece of music in Fantastic Dizzy for Amiga CD32! So did The Big 6 just convert the whole MagicLand Dizzy PC soundtrack, including songs that went unused in some versions?

Your Backpack is Empty

It's the oddest thing.

Theres the same thing with different versions of fastfood dizzy for pc. One version has the title screen music throughout and another has a different soundtrack play when you start a game.

I'm interested if this might be the case for some of the other released for PC like quicksnax or prince of the yolkfolk?