some of your points:
- The Metal detector can help you find any remaining stars
- The jug has a secondary use or two, but I just didn't remove it after the (only) main use.
- The juggling balls are a red herring, however there is a little graphical touch there if you're patient enough
- There are a lot of graphical touches!
- the frog has no use
- Technically Denzil doesn't actually want fizzy drinks, he just wants music, and was getting a bit confused! (Bucks Fizz, 'Message in a bottle' etc)
- Daisy wanting Dozy? hmm I guess I never really explained the reason for that, but it didn't really matter in terms of solving the puzzle.
- The 'shopkeeper' is based on a character from the Dickens' novel 'The Old Curiosity Shop'